June 27, 2016
Premium South American wine estate, Bodega Argento have teamed up with Latin American inspired pop-up UNA, to launch a series of exclusive supper clubs.
Located underneath London’s iconic St Pancras Hotel Clock Tower, the pop-up will comprise an exclusive six course tasting menu with carefully selected wine pairings from Mendoza winery, Bodega Argento, hosted by leading Argentinian chef Martin Milesi, who has over 20 years’ experience working at many prestigious restaurants in Argentina and teaching gastronomy in one of the most respected universities of Culinary Art, the Argentine Institute of Gastronomy, partner of L’ecole Le Notre.
Highlighting the cultural diversity of Latin America, the evening will send guests on a journey through some of the most unique and exquisite flavours of the region. Held beneath the chimes of the St Pancras Clock Tower, with picturesque views across the whole city, the exclusive supper club, with only one table and an intimate 12 covers, will showcase Milesi’s enchanting and high-end approach to South American cuisine, alongside wines from two of its leading producers.
Each of Milesi’s six classical and conceptual dishes is inspired by the varied cuisines of Latin America. On arrival, diners will be treated to an exclusive cocktail, followed by a Cassava amouse-bouche with Argento Malbec Rosé, and exquisite dishes including a vegetable Escabeche and cod Moqueca with coconut milk, and a locro with a twist and speciality Argentine Beef with the traditional flavours of the Esquinas de Argento Malbec.
Martin Milesi, Founder Chef of UNA said, “We’re really excited to be partnering with such a great name from South America wine estate – Bodega Argento. Because we only set-up one table within St. Pancras Clock Tower, we have the opportunity to talk with our 12 guests and we really enjoy promoting our roots with Londoners. The wines, paired with my dishes, will help create an exclusive gastronomical experience for each and every guest, inspired by the rich cultural diversity of Latin America. The freshness and versatility of the wines really complement my food and the setting is just perfect.”
The UNA Supper Club pop-up will be happening from now until the end of 2016, at £95 per ticket. To find out more or purchase tickets, visit the website here.
The six course tasting menu includes;
- Amouse-bouche: Cassava croquette, black pudding, raw cauliflower, water blossom, red soil paired with Argento Malbec Rosé
- Seasonal vegetables escabeche, anchovies, green gazpacho
- Cod moqueca, green wheat risotto, tomato confit, quail eggs, coconut & dendé foam
- Locro without meat, assortment of corns, roasted pumpkin, beans, pumpkin snow paired with Esquinas de Argento Malbec
- Argentine grass fed beef, white truffle spaghetti, red chard grille, merken sauce, tortilla soil paired with Esquinas de Argento Malbec
- Dessert: Beetroot confetti, white chocolate, mascarpone, strawberry powder